How to measure your ring size
The most accurate way is to go to your local jeweler. If you are buying a ring for someone else, you can bring an existing ring from the recipient in and get that measured. However, if this is not an option, you can use this method at home.
- STEP 1: Cut a small thin piece of paper, string, or ribbon
- STEP 2: Wrap it snugly around your finger and mark off where the end meets
- STEP 3: Use a ruler to measure to the nearest millimeter (mm)
- STEP 4: Reference our size chart to find your size
Use the following tips to make sure you measure your ring size correctly:
- Do not wrap the paper, string, or ribbon too tight. Aim for a comfortable, snug fit.
- If the measurement falls between two sizes, order the larger size.
- When the knuckle is bigger than the base of the finger, measure both spots and select a size in between the two.
- Measure multiple times to ensure accuracy.
- Measure towards the end of the day and while you’re warm as your finger size changes dependent on time of day and the weather.
- Ask someone else to measure for you.